Community of Practice: TechAcq
Join the conversation
IT acquisitions are at the heart of federal IT modernization efforts. They support agencies in delivering modern, digital services to the public more effectively and efficiently.
About the TechAcq Community of Practice
Our community’s objective is to provide a space for Contracting Officers (COs), Contracting Specialists (CSs), Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs) and Procurement Analysts (PAs) to share and grow our know-how.
We create resources and how-tos, and we want to be the procurement pros that modernize and transform vital processes.
The TechAcq Community of Practice unites federal employees to improve the IT acquisition experience across the government. The community promotes a modern acquisition environment by:
- Fostering connections and partnerships at the interagency level;
- Building IT acquisition related products and deliverables and sharing across the community;
- Ensuring resources align with acquisition best practices and agency priorities;
- Solving shared problems with interagency working groups;
- Guiding agencies and procurement officials to acquire IT as efficiently and effectively as possible; and
- Fostering the culture change necessary to enable the federal government to embrace and leverage modern acquisition practices for IT.
TechAcq CoP will be partnering with IT Buyers CoP, and there will be several occasions where members of both communities can share a space and collaborate.
The TechAcq CoP regularly hosts events for government-wide audiences to share opportunities and challenges with IT acquisitions in the federal government, promoting case studies and showcasing best practices.
Join our listserv to access event updates and invitations.
“There’s all this information out there about new emerging technologies, but I want to know specifically how to buy it. What Terms & Conditions do I need to include in my contract? What kind of data rights is appropriate?”
— Federal Contracting Officer
The TechAcq CoP working groups are composed of community members working on a specific topic to empower the federal acquisition community by designing and developing products, tools, frameworks necessary to support implementation of modern and innovative acquisition methods. All TechAcq CoP members are welcome to join a working group.
As a new community, the TechAcq CoP is working with members to identify working group topic areas. Working group topics may include:
- SaaS: Effectively buy SaaS in the government.
- Modernization of Legacy Systems: Effectively buy modernization efforts for legacy systems in the government.
- Cloud Migration: Effectively buy cloud migration services in the government.
- Data Rights: Appropriate data rights for IT acquisitions.
Join the TechAcq CoP!
Any federal employee in the acquisition field is welcome to become a member of the TechAcq CoP. Through the TechAcq CoP listserv, members receive information about how to:
- Join monthly community meetings
- Attend virtual trainings and events
- Connect with their peers through the TechAcq listserv
- Contribute to the development of valuable resources for the community
- Share feedback on content and events
To join our listserv, email TECHACQ-COP-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.GSA.GOV with an empty subject line.
Note: Only federal government employees are eligible to join.Join by Email