Analyzes current systems and applications to provide recommendations for planning cloud migration.
The Cloud Adoption CoE facilitates successful integration of cloud services by helping agencies select, and fashion, the right migration path to implement by an industry partner. The Cloud Adoption team developed a set of services based on best practices, both in the commercial and government sectors, to help agencies successfully implement cloud strategies.
- Portfolio/architecture analysis
- Application/system analysis
- Cloud migration planning
- Solution architecture support
- Cloud governance implementation
- Cloud security assessment
- FedRAMP advancement
The Cloud Adoption team developed a set of services, based on industry and government best practices, to help agencies successfully implement cloud strategies:
- end-to-end migration planning and modernization assessments
- migration strategy and approach
- migration roadmap and execution timelines
- security and governance models
- acquisition and oversight support services.
- impact the existing technology and security standards
- require changes to configuration management and security compliance processes
- impact strategic roadmaps and investment planning.
By Syed Azeem and Brandt Fletcher, Cloud Adoption Center of Excellence
The Cloud Adoption CoE facilitated a workshop for USDA technical leaders. The objective was to provide background information and gain stakeholder support for the foundation of the Commercial Cloud Platform Services (CCPS) organization. CCPS is to be the USDA pathway to cloud services and is contingent on the acceptance and participation of all workshop attendees. The workshop was conducted as a collaborative two-day offsite that brought together stakeholders from across OCIO to discuss roles, responsibilities and expectations in conducting next steps. The CCPS is a logical first step for USDA to leverage and harness the commercial cloud marketplace to add value to farmers, ranchers, and producers (consumers) via three primary roles: