Announcing Strategic Foresight 101: Guide to Futures Methods for Government
By the Innovation Adoption Practice
In May 2022, OPM identified eight workforce priorities, four primary and four enabling, and tasked agencies with choosing two to help improve their workforce over the next four years. Priority 8 focuses on Developing an Agency Foresight Capability, which includes:
- Leveraging the power of foresight to minimize surprise
- Creating anticipatory governance and planning culture
- Conducting future scenario planning
- Identifying emerging skills and future challenges
The Strategic Foresight capability is a structured and systematic way of using ideas about the future to anticipate and better prepare for change. Certified strategic foresight experts from the CoE Innovation Adoption (IA) practice developed a new service offering designed to support agencies in meeting this priority. The offering integrates best practices and methods from the strategic foresight discipline enabling agencies to use foresight methods and practices in proactive and resilient planning efforts.
The CoE IA practice is “Strategic Foresight 101: Future Methods for Government” workshops to orient you to foresight and the practical methods you can use in your organization to better anticipate risk and prepare proactively for the future.
Our IA leads will host a three-part Strategic Foresight 101 workshop series for federal employees via zoom on the following dates:
- Strategic Foresight 101 – Introduction and Overview: June 21, 2022 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. EST
- Strategic Foresight 101 – Practice Foresight Methods: June 28, 2022 10:30 a.m. - 12 pm. EST
- Strategic Foresight 101 – Optional Office Hours: June 30, 2022 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. EST
Learn more and register to join us on Eventbrite.
Return to Updates